
pappu
09-09 09:45 PM
Dear Members,
IV recommends that you wear IV T shirts for the Rally.
Here is a link to buy IV T-Shirts for the rally.
http://www.cafepress.com/immivoice/
If you are participating in the rally, please buy your IV-Shirt today. It would be help to convey the message if all the rally participants are wearing IV T-shirts. It would be even better if the T-Shirt would have the name of the State where you reside. IV volunteers have worked very hard to create the designs and products at IV merchandise shop. Check it out:
http://www.cafepress.com/immivoice/3465245
Pls start buying as soon as possible so that the T shirts can be shipped to your home before you come for the rally.
IV recommends that you wear IV T shirts for the Rally.
Here is a link to buy IV T-Shirts for the rally.
http://www.cafepress.com/immivoice/
If you are participating in the rally, please buy your IV-Shirt today. It would be help to convey the message if all the rally participants are wearing IV T-shirts. It would be even better if the T-Shirt would have the name of the State where you reside. IV volunteers have worked very hard to create the designs and products at IV merchandise shop. Check it out:
http://www.cafepress.com/immivoice/3465245
Pls start buying as soon as possible so that the T shirts can be shipped to your home before you come for the rally.

ilanbenatar
04-25 07:21 PM
Thanks Domino,
I'll do my best and cross finguers.
Good luck to you!
I'll do my best and cross finguers.
Good luck to you!
ganguteli
04-23 09:24 AM
Focus on your goal. Emotions may not take you there.
If I am in your place, i wont argue with that lawyer. I will try to get full co-operation from that lawyer, and make him file another LC, after proper review from your side. Obviously you need support from employer also.
It is your choice. And yes you can file legal case against law firm. But then what?
Dude,
Stop having a fake profile with fake dates.
Fill a correct profile or not have any date in your profile.
You say you got your Labor from Atlanta in 01/04/2004 approved. Perm was not even there in 2004.
Current GC Processing Stage
N/A
Priority Date
Before 2000
Green Card Category
EB2
Nationality
India
Country of Chargeability
India
Service Center
California
Labor Type
Regular
Perm Center
Atlanta
Labor Approval Date
01/04/2004
I140-I485 Concurrent Filing
Yes
I140 Mailed Date
08/02/2004
I140 Filing Type
Regular
July 2007 Filer
No
Adjustment of Status Application Type
Adjustment of Status (I-485)
Application Status
Approved
I485 Approval Date
08/06/2006
If I am in your place, i wont argue with that lawyer. I will try to get full co-operation from that lawyer, and make him file another LC, after proper review from your side. Obviously you need support from employer also.
It is your choice. And yes you can file legal case against law firm. But then what?
Dude,
Stop having a fake profile with fake dates.
Fill a correct profile or not have any date in your profile.
You say you got your Labor from Atlanta in 01/04/2004 approved. Perm was not even there in 2004.
Current GC Processing Stage
N/A
Priority Date
Before 2000
Green Card Category
EB2
Nationality
India
Country of Chargeability
India
Service Center
California
Labor Type
Regular
Perm Center
Atlanta
Labor Approval Date
01/04/2004
I140-I485 Concurrent Filing
Yes
I140 Mailed Date
08/02/2004
I140 Filing Type
Regular
July 2007 Filer
No
Adjustment of Status Application Type
Adjustment of Status (I-485)
Application Status
Approved
I485 Approval Date
08/06/2006
thamizhan
07-18 10:47 AM
Another one...
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sfl-flbgreencard0718nbjul18,0,1655633.story?coll=sofla _tab01_layout
http://flprogressive.blogspot.com/2007/07/now-this-is-news.html
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sfl-flbgreencard0718nbjul18,0,1655633.story?coll=sofla _tab01_layout
http://flprogressive.blogspot.com/2007/07/now-this-is-news.html
more...
tonyHK12
10-04 02:45 PM
The problem with accounts in India is the requirement to declare it here.
I don't think so, only Green cards and citizens are taxed on world wide income.
I meant the public provident fund run by the govt. We should check with a India tax expert on that, if non residents can contribute. don;t think they should have issues. PF allowed tax deduction for residents on 10% of the income, but you could always contribute as much as you wanted and top it up.
I don't think so, only Green cards and citizens are taxed on world wide income.
I meant the public provident fund run by the govt. We should check with a India tax expert on that, if non residents can contribute. don;t think they should have issues. PF allowed tax deduction for residents on 10% of the income, but you could always contribute as much as you wanted and top it up.
BMS1
08-02 11:24 PM
In my opinion USCIS is not very strict on the RFE deadlines. I was late by 3 days for an RFE on my I140. They accepted. But that was more than a year ago. May be, it depends on officer.
more...
gcdreamer05
12-18 08:33 PM
hi goel,
Can you find out if you had applied for Change of Status - to change from h4 to h1... talk to your company attornies to find out about it.
Can you find out if you had applied for Change of Status - to change from h4 to h1... talk to your company attornies to find out about it.
lonedesi
08-04 04:29 PM
I have made changes and posted separate letters on http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20657
Please post your comments on that thread
Please post your comments on that thread
more...
s416504
03-07 01:52 PM
My friend went to Boston Airport ->Immigration/custom Office next day for correction. His father came on B1 visa but they put wrong month on I-94. That office corrected that immediatly. There must be something at every international airport.
feedfront
09-14 02:06 PM
Gr8 idea. I'm in..
more...
sweet_jungle
10-09 03:54 AM
So does CA....
situation is quite different from CA. True, for first time driver's license, you have to show legal status proof. But, you are issued license for 4 years, irrespective of when your current status expires.
For DL renewal in CA, it happens by mail. You once again get 4 year license. No status proof required.
There is definitely no concept of different form of DL in CA where an officer will be able to receogize from the DL, whether is PR or not, as has become the law in Texas.
CA is quite cool with respect to DL renewals.
situation is quite different from CA. True, for first time driver's license, you have to show legal status proof. But, you are issued license for 4 years, irrespective of when your current status expires.
For DL renewal in CA, it happens by mail. You once again get 4 year license. No status proof required.
There is definitely no concept of different form of DL in CA where an officer will be able to receogize from the DL, whether is PR or not, as has become the law in Texas.
CA is quite cool with respect to DL renewals.
go_guy123
11-23 02:23 PM
Well Said.
Also the reason why Dream act is ahead of skilled immigration relief. Its all about votes !!!!
Also the reason why Dream act is ahead of skilled immigration relief. Its all about votes !!!!
more...
ggc
08-16 05:43 PM
Thank you all!. In my case only issue I can see is, when my wife travelled from India to US, at the port of entry customs check, they found some meat products. And they charged fine of $300 and we paid it. They also took copy of her passport and gave a letter (name is: Department of homeland security. U.S customs and border protection. Notice of alleged violation)
It was my wife's mistake actually, she did not declared meat products in customs form.
In the interview, if IO asks my wife about any violations or criminal records, does she has to give info on that port of entry incident? Will there be any negetive effects on this?
It was my wife's mistake actually, she did not declared meat products in customs form.
In the interview, if IO asks my wife about any violations or criminal records, does she has to give info on that port of entry incident? Will there be any negetive effects on this?
pragir
12-11 01:57 PM
Mohit, when you invoke AC21 your job profile needs to be same as that listed on the job description on your LC. As long as your new company is willing to declare that your new job profile matches the one on your LC, you should be ok.
I am not a lawyer, please consult one.
I am not a lawyer, please consult one.
more...
raysaikat
07-13 01:15 AM
Hi Ann:
I would like to ask related questions in this thread..
what if person does not get H1 extension approved because of this new employee-employer relationship memo, Can I stay in US on other visa (F2/F1) after H1 extension denial until my priority date become current? Do you see any problem in this option?
If you enter US on a non-immigrant VISA such as F1 or B1/B2, your GC would be considered abandoned.
Well if it is not OK, Go back to India, then apply for AOS once priority date become current. Is this option will work?
Many many thanks for your response...
You must be physically present in US to submit I-485.
I would like to ask related questions in this thread..
what if person does not get H1 extension approved because of this new employee-employer relationship memo, Can I stay in US on other visa (F2/F1) after H1 extension denial until my priority date become current? Do you see any problem in this option?
If you enter US on a non-immigrant VISA such as F1 or B1/B2, your GC would be considered abandoned.
Well if it is not OK, Go back to India, then apply for AOS once priority date become current. Is this option will work?
Many many thanks for your response...
You must be physically present in US to submit I-485.
singhsa3
08-19 10:13 AM
Admin/Moderators and other distinguish members,
Can we use this site for networking and socializing with people in similar situation and/or sharing similar vocations....
This would mainly include invitation for a public gathering and encourage others to come forward. Examples of nature of such public gathering:
1. Say people in finance sector meet and exchange thoughts
2. Religious in nature but will not be solicitation.
3. General meeting etc...
What do people in this forum think?
Thanks
Can we use this site for networking and socializing with people in similar situation and/or sharing similar vocations....
This would mainly include invitation for a public gathering and encourage others to come forward. Examples of nature of such public gathering:
1. Say people in finance sector meet and exchange thoughts
2. Religious in nature but will not be solicitation.
3. General meeting etc...
What do people in this forum think?
Thanks
more...
rahulpaper
09-06 12:48 PM
Did you travel out of US while you were on F1 and your AOS was in process?
If yes...did you use AP to re-enter?
If yes...did you still maintain your F1 status?
Thanks in advance for your reply.
Received card production ordered email today!!!
For all those whose spouses are in F1 status do not worry
I applied through my husband(EB3 July 2004) and i was on F1 when i applied with him. Got funding through F1. Did not use 485 EAD.
Graduated but did not apply for OPT and started using 485-EAD to work.
Well... one more thing our lawyer forgot to include our BC while applying.
Actually he had them when he mailed them initially in DEC 2004 but got rejected and after he came back from vacation in March 05 he reapplied based on the rejected mail in Dec 04 and its then when he forgot to include BC.
I was ver scared reading about F1 being non immigrant visa blah blah... and should not apply for GC..blah blah..unfortunately i could not find a similar case like me...recently i saw a lot of people applying in F1 ...
I am happy to tell...do not worry if you are on F1 and
do not travel on F1 visa
Do not apply for OPT ( my limited knowledge advice)
Your lawyer knows the best!
Regarding LUDs:
If you guys see LUDs on your cases atleast one...be very happy...that means they are about to give you a green card...
I am planning on attending the Rally to show my support to 1V
I hope 2007 will be lucky to every one
Believ me journey through 485 process is nerve-wracking...
Just think if it really makes a difference think about it ...no
Just believe in god ( satyanarayan swami pooja cheyinchukondi)...dont laugh
All the Best:o
EB3
PD : July 2004
RD : March 2005
VSC--> TSC : Mar 2007
LUDs on 485 : July 29, Sep3rd 4th
and card production ordered on 5th
If yes...did you use AP to re-enter?
If yes...did you still maintain your F1 status?
Thanks in advance for your reply.
Received card production ordered email today!!!
For all those whose spouses are in F1 status do not worry
I applied through my husband(EB3 July 2004) and i was on F1 when i applied with him. Got funding through F1. Did not use 485 EAD.
Graduated but did not apply for OPT and started using 485-EAD to work.
Well... one more thing our lawyer forgot to include our BC while applying.
Actually he had them when he mailed them initially in DEC 2004 but got rejected and after he came back from vacation in March 05 he reapplied based on the rejected mail in Dec 04 and its then when he forgot to include BC.
I was ver scared reading about F1 being non immigrant visa blah blah... and should not apply for GC..blah blah..unfortunately i could not find a similar case like me...recently i saw a lot of people applying in F1 ...
I am happy to tell...do not worry if you are on F1 and
do not travel on F1 visa
Do not apply for OPT ( my limited knowledge advice)
Your lawyer knows the best!
Regarding LUDs:
If you guys see LUDs on your cases atleast one...be very happy...that means they are about to give you a green card...
I am planning on attending the Rally to show my support to 1V
I hope 2007 will be lucky to every one
Believ me journey through 485 process is nerve-wracking...
Just think if it really makes a difference think about it ...no
Just believe in god ( satyanarayan swami pooja cheyinchukondi)...dont laugh
All the Best:o
EB3
PD : July 2004
RD : March 2005
VSC--> TSC : Mar 2007
LUDs on 485 : July 29, Sep3rd 4th
and card production ordered on 5th
paskal
03-15 06:17 PM
The maximum duration of a J-1 is 7 years but the visa is issued 1 year at a time (royal pain). Therefore there is nothing such as a transfer. When residency is over, if you get a fellowship the program files with ECFMG the necessary papers to prove that it's an accredited program etc It is ECFMG that sponsors you not your program/hospital. Each year the program informs ECFMG on your progress and based on that a new sponsorship for another year is granted.
After my first fellowship i was board certified. In order to specialize further I (and my new department) had to convince ECFMG that there was some merit in the whole proposal. anyway long story, they did sponsor me and I did another 2 years thus completing the entire 7 year period.
As for GC, my employer just started the process and insisted on choosing an expensive corporate lawyer they have worked with before. She is in no hurry and I don't know when I will even have a priority date let alone a GC. This is after 11 years here. such fun....
After my first fellowship i was board certified. In order to specialize further I (and my new department) had to convince ECFMG that there was some merit in the whole proposal. anyway long story, they did sponsor me and I did another 2 years thus completing the entire 7 year period.
As for GC, my employer just started the process and insisted on choosing an expensive corporate lawyer they have worked with before. She is in no hurry and I don't know when I will even have a priority date let alone a GC. This is after 11 years here. such fun....
satishku_2000
08-03 03:53 PM
In my opinion USCIS is not very strict on the RFE deadlines. I was late by 3 days for an RFE on my I140. They accepted. But that was more than a year ago. May be, it depends on officer.
This is the latest on my LIN number ...
Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed.
What does it mean ... Any Ideas folks ...
This is the latest on my LIN number ...
Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed.
What does it mean ... Any Ideas folks ...
zCool
05-21 03:33 PM
There no hard and fast rule.. so long as you can prove the intent to work permanantly.. some will say 6 months .. some will say 1 yr.
hsingh82
02-24 02:41 PM
Yes this is discussion forum but we have Job to get it done through our members. if members doesn't help us financially then we are loosing our edge. Nothing is free here (America), all actions are cost associated with it just calling senator or writing letter is just part of action.we need to convince our fellow member to contribute financially like donating money for good cause.Thanks
I agree with you that IV needs money for the good cause and it has to come from donations. All I am saying is if someone like me who is on H1B and can't fill the profile wants to reply to someone's query then IV should not be charging me for that because I have no dates in my profile. Money has to be generated but not at the cost of popularity of IV and defeating the purpose of IV as a common platform for all legal immigrants.
I agree with you that IV needs money for the good cause and it has to come from donations. All I am saying is if someone like me who is on H1B and can't fill the profile wants to reply to someone's query then IV should not be charging me for that because I have no dates in my profile. Money has to be generated but not at the cost of popularity of IV and defeating the purpose of IV as a common platform for all legal immigrants.
No comments:
Post a Comment