lost_in_gc_land
01-31 01:18 PM
lostinGCland: My wife (on H4) is in the same boat as you. Do you have AP in hand yet, and did they return your passport to you? If yes on both, then my attorney recommended to send a letter to the consulate instructing them to withdraw your H1B stamping application, then with a copy of that letter in hand, along with the AP, reenter the US on AP. Good luck!
Thank you for your response to my post about 221g. You mentioend that if I have AP in hand then I can cancel the request for the H1 and return on the AP. In my case I applied for the AP in the us but it was approved and sent to me after I left the US. My lawyer says that it needs to be approved before I leave the US and therefore cannot use it. Do you know if I can use the AP without it being approved while I was in the US?
Thank you for your response to my post about 221g. You mentioend that if I have AP in hand then I can cancel the request for the H1 and return on the AP. In my case I applied for the AP in the us but it was approved and sent to me after I left the US. My lawyer says that it needs to be approved before I leave the US and therefore cannot use it. Do you know if I can use the AP without it being approved while I was in the US?
chanduv23
11-14 08:16 PM
This is the time to channelize all your frustration into positive energy. Yes, we can collective work towards ending retrogression.
Join your State Chapter today
Follow the link
http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=72&Itemid=52
Come on folks, this is time for action.
Start working towards IVs goals and you will be glad that you are doing it.
Join your State Chapter today
Follow the link
http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=72&Itemid=52
Come on folks, this is time for action.
Start working towards IVs goals and you will be glad that you are doing it.

rb_248
10-18 12:16 AM
rb_248, I am in the similar situation if you dont mind can you share your lawyers details, seems to be very experienced lawyer..
golgappa,
Just sent you a PM. Please check your inbox.
golgappa,
Just sent you a PM. Please check your inbox.
hoolahoous
09-15 07:02 PM
you can go to a nice restaurant with friends AND donate some money to Sankara Eye foundation (they do eye operations for poor in India and send you the name and contact info of the person who benefited from your donation)..
that's what I did when I got greened.. :)
that's what I did when I got greened.. :)
more...
eeezzz
06-12 01:32 PM
Thanks for the link. That clarifies that the new package fee of $1010 encompasses the EAD/AP renewal for the life of 485. If one had used the old fee structure then the new fee for I 765 (EAD) - $ 340 and I 131 Advance Parole - $ 305.
I would think that if you pay $645 (EAD and AP) for the renewal that would also be good for the life of the 485, though the link doesn't explicitly state that. Does anyone have any more info on that?
Thanks.
Can someone confirm that if you file I-485 with old fee system and pay for the new fee when you renew EAD and AP, do you still need to pay again on your 2nd time renewal ?
I would think that if you pay $645 (EAD and AP) for the renewal that would also be good for the life of the 485, though the link doesn't explicitly state that. Does anyone have any more info on that?
Thanks.
Can someone confirm that if you file I-485 with old fee system and pay for the new fee when you renew EAD and AP, do you still need to pay again on your 2nd time renewal ?
mermaid2084
11-21 05:51 PM
Please let me know the way to contact USCIS. Phone number or mail id. I tried contacting them through the 1800 number but it is an automated system, there is no human to talk to.
more...
vdlrao
04-08 02:54 PM
On Page 3 they say total Employement based preferences number was 162,176
Than on page 6 they say total Employement based preferences number was 147,148
147,148 is the limit for EB category where as 162,176 are actual issued visa numbers for fiscal year 2007
Than on page 6 they say total Employement based preferences number was 147,148
147,148 is the limit for EB category where as 162,176 are actual issued visa numbers for fiscal year 2007
cooldude0807
12-12 12:17 PM
How about Montgomery, so that folks from Mobile can also show up for the meet & it will be a good center point....
more...

cooldude0807
06-01 05:10 PM
I recd an RFE too even though i filed AC21 in feb. My lawyer sent the required docs & from May26th there has been a soft LUD everyday...the status says "Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed". Also there is no RFE on my wife's case.
averagedesi
08-31 11:41 AM
I am not sure what you mean by there is no issue with my EAD.
Here is an excerpt from an USCIS FAQ
Who is eligible for an EAD that is valid for two years?
The two-year EAD is available to pending adjustment applicants (i.e., those who have filed a Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status) who have filed for an EAD under Section 274.a.12(c)(9) of Title 8, Code of Federal Regulations (8 C.F.R.) and who are currently unable to adjust status because an immigrant visa number is not currently available. USCIS will continue to grant EADs that are valid for one-year for adjustment applicants who have an available immigrant visa number and are filing for employment authorization under 8 C.F.R. Section 274a.12(c)(9). In order to be eligible for an EAD with a two year validity period, an applicant’s I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker, must be approved.
Here is the actual link to the FAQ
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=62ae15d3ffd7a110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCR D&vgnextchannel=ea0db6f2cae63110VgnVCM1000004718190a RCRD
So my I140 is approved, when my EAD was approved on July 30th my priority date which is March 25. 2005 was not current.
Here is an excerpt from an USCIS FAQ
Who is eligible for an EAD that is valid for two years?
The two-year EAD is available to pending adjustment applicants (i.e., those who have filed a Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status) who have filed for an EAD under Section 274.a.12(c)(9) of Title 8, Code of Federal Regulations (8 C.F.R.) and who are currently unable to adjust status because an immigrant visa number is not currently available. USCIS will continue to grant EADs that are valid for one-year for adjustment applicants who have an available immigrant visa number and are filing for employment authorization under 8 C.F.R. Section 274a.12(c)(9). In order to be eligible for an EAD with a two year validity period, an applicant’s I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker, must be approved.
Here is the actual link to the FAQ
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=62ae15d3ffd7a110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCR D&vgnextchannel=ea0db6f2cae63110VgnVCM1000004718190a RCRD
So my I140 is approved, when my EAD was approved on July 30th my priority date which is March 25. 2005 was not current.
more...
caond
05-07 10:32 AM
Thank you so much Raysaikat ! The below is the explanation for 22 C.F.R. � 62.42. Do you think it's applicable for my case ? Thanks again.
� 62.42 Transfer of program .
62.42(a)
(a) Program sponsors may, pursuant to the provisions set forth in this section, permit an exchange visitor to transfer from one designated program to another designated program.
62.42(b)
(b) The responsible officer of the program to which the exchange visitor is transferring:
(1) Shall verify the exchange visitor's visa status and program eligibility;
(2) Execute the Form DS-2019; and
(3) Secure the written release of the current sponsor.
62.42(c)
(c) Upon return of the completed Form DS-2019, the responsible officer of the program to which the exchange visitor has transferred shall provide:
(1) The exchange visitor his or her copy of the Form DS-2019; and
(2) A notification copy of such form to the Department of State.
� 62.42 Transfer of program .
62.42(a)
(a) Program sponsors may, pursuant to the provisions set forth in this section, permit an exchange visitor to transfer from one designated program to another designated program.
62.42(b)
(b) The responsible officer of the program to which the exchange visitor is transferring:
(1) Shall verify the exchange visitor's visa status and program eligibility;
(2) Execute the Form DS-2019; and
(3) Secure the written release of the current sponsor.
62.42(c)
(c) Upon return of the completed Form DS-2019, the responsible officer of the program to which the exchange visitor has transferred shall provide:
(1) The exchange visitor his or her copy of the Form DS-2019; and
(2) A notification copy of such form to the Department of State.
wantgc23
04-28 06:07 PM
According to my lawyer, you can travel up until the last date on the stamp as long as you have a new 797.
Please check with your own lawyer who would be familiar with your particular case for the best advice
Please check with your own lawyer who would be familiar with your particular case for the best advice
more...
Munna Bhai
01-23 10:51 AM
Let your new employer starts your GC, get PERM+I-140 cleared from your new employer untill then don't join them. Once I-140 is cleared, port your current PD to this new I-140 and join the new employer.
GC is for future job, anyone in H4 can do it and even if you are not in this country, a company can sponsor you.
Hope this helps.
GC is for future job, anyone in H4 can do it and even if you are not in this country, a company can sponsor you.
Hope this helps.
sundeep14
10-29 01:00 PM
I checked my current labor certification. it has the following details :
ETA FORM 9089
A) PREVAILING WAGE INFORMATION
SOC/O*NET(OES) CODE
15-1031.00
OCCUPATONAL TITLE
COMPUTER SOFTWARE ENGINEER
B) JOB OPPORTUNITY INFORMATION
JOB TITLE: SOFTWARE ENGINEER(THIS IS CURRENT)
C) IDENTIFY THE JOB TITLE OF THE ACCEPTABLE ALTERNATE OCCUPATION:
PROGRAMMER ANALYST OR SYSTEMS ANALYST
D) JOB DUTIES
CREATE TEST PLANS, TEST CASES AND ANALYZE USER NEEDS AND CREATE AND
MODIFY APPLICATION SOFTWARE USING VARIOUS SOFTWARE TECHNOLOGIES
My question is based on the above can i switch to another field like SAP for example. I am not sure if companies will be ready to give me a offer letter with the above text for a SAP job.
Any ideas friends?
ETA FORM 9089
A) PREVAILING WAGE INFORMATION
SOC/O*NET(OES) CODE
15-1031.00
OCCUPATONAL TITLE
COMPUTER SOFTWARE ENGINEER
B) JOB OPPORTUNITY INFORMATION
JOB TITLE: SOFTWARE ENGINEER(THIS IS CURRENT)
C) IDENTIFY THE JOB TITLE OF THE ACCEPTABLE ALTERNATE OCCUPATION:
PROGRAMMER ANALYST OR SYSTEMS ANALYST
D) JOB DUTIES
CREATE TEST PLANS, TEST CASES AND ANALYZE USER NEEDS AND CREATE AND
MODIFY APPLICATION SOFTWARE USING VARIOUS SOFTWARE TECHNOLOGIES
My question is based on the above can i switch to another field like SAP for example. I am not sure if companies will be ready to give me a offer letter with the above text for a SAP job.
Any ideas friends?
more...

nozerd
04-16 03:02 PM
I love H TOWN
Moving here is a decision you will not regret. Its probably the best place to live in the US if you take all factors into consideration.
As far as hot and humid - dont forget everything is Air Conditioned and even in the summers early mornings are not bad (if you are the outdoors type).
If you have any questions do let me know
Moving here is a decision you will not regret. Its probably the best place to live in the US if you take all factors into consideration.
As far as hot and humid - dont forget everything is Air Conditioned and even in the summers early mornings are not bad (if you are the outdoors type).
If you have any questions do let me know
naushit
01-13 09:22 AM
I was in exactly same situation last October. I dont believe there is any foolproof method. I tried everything
- opened SR
- inquiry to AILA.
- obmudusman office.
- Inquiry thu Senator's office.
finally I got my GC in Oct 2009 , I believe Senator's office clicked, my local Senator's office was very responsive and very quick.
Good Luck.
-N
Hello friends,
This may sound silly but I could really use some help here. My case has been current for a while now and its not been approved yet. Calling USCIS is no use since the Cust Serv Rep literally tell you the exact same words that are in the online status. I've been doing Infopass every week now for the past month. Last week they said that the case has been assigned to an officer. I'm going to Mumbai on Feb 3rd and was hoping that my case would be processed before then. Any ideas to get that file picked up by the officer?
Thanks in advance
- opened SR
- inquiry to AILA.
- obmudusman office.
- Inquiry thu Senator's office.
finally I got my GC in Oct 2009 , I believe Senator's office clicked, my local Senator's office was very responsive and very quick.
Good Luck.
-N
Hello friends,
This may sound silly but I could really use some help here. My case has been current for a while now and its not been approved yet. Calling USCIS is no use since the Cust Serv Rep literally tell you the exact same words that are in the online status. I've been doing Infopass every week now for the past month. Last week they said that the case has been assigned to an officer. I'm going to Mumbai on Feb 3rd and was hoping that my case would be processed before then. Any ideas to get that file picked up by the officer?
Thanks in advance
more...

chanduv23
12-08 08:43 PM
Lets reach our target soon- come on fellow IVans - come on - please contribute for a good cause
shreekhand
05-04 10:48 PM
I understand that you are a bit tight on money right now, but I would highly recommend as others suggested to hire a good attorney by borrowing some money. Do you want to just want to get in a deeper limbo right now or get it done thoroughly right now?

ameryki
08-28 10:28 PM
Dude, if your profile is genuine, that does indicate something - my PD is also Nov. 2005, EB3-I. Both of us got 1 year EAD instead of 2.......hmm.....my attorney called USCIS and according to the attorney they (USCIS rep) couldn't tell them the reason for 1 year EAD.......asked me to do infopass!
trust me the ead situation is not consistent across the board. it is totally up to the IO assigned to the filing. but if you think its promising I truly hope you are right. do keep us posted if you find out more.
trust me the ead situation is not consistent across the board. it is totally up to the IO assigned to the filing. but if you think its promising I truly hope you are right. do keep us posted if you find out more.
chprav
11-05 10:28 AM
Finally I got mail from USCIS on 11/04 saying my AP is approved. But the message says it is approved on 10/17. I didn't know why they took so many days to update the status? Is it normal?
Application Type: I131, APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT
Current Status: Approval notice sent.
On October 17, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I131 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.
Application Type: I131, APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT
Current Status: Approval notice sent.
On October 17, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I131 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.
mp2007
07-31 02:36 PM
Hi Sportsguy,
Please consult a lawyer, you dont want her to land in trouble because you did not get the correct advice.
MP
Please consult a lawyer, you dont want her to land in trouble because you did not get the correct advice.
MP
No comments:
Post a Comment