
go_guy123
01-26 04:30 PM
If this bill was introduced, we need to meet with lawmaker offices and put pressure on them. Our responsibility is to do our part and leave the outcome to prayers, But not even trying should not be an option. What are we going to loose?
Yes EB situation is so bad that there is nothing to lose
Yes EB situation is so bad that there is nothing to lose
chanduv23
09-22 10:00 AM
Small companies will do this. If it is a big company with HR and payroll departments not being micro managed by the employer - then you won't face these problems.
akhilmahajan
04-30 06:30 PM
If i check the dates for the I140 at Texas service center............. it say october, 2006............ but here we have few ppl who have been approved from november, februray,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
is it like something random, or USCIS holds a lottery ............. i am just curious........
is it like something random, or USCIS holds a lottery ............. i am just curious........

msp1976
02-11 07:07 PM
I am going to Canada tomorrow for my H-1 stamping. My passport expires in Jan 2008 though (less than a year left!!). I assume that I will get a 3-year visa stamp.
However, when I re-enter the US, I guess the I-94 I get will have an expiration date that matches my passport expiration date rather than my H1B visa expiration date. Am I correct in assuming this?
Is there such a thing as an I-94 extension, and if so how easily does it get approved. Thank you so much, but I am getting really worried right now.
You can always file for visa extension again...never heard of a I-94 extension as such....I think they might give you a proper I-94 for the whole valid duration...Anyway you can get a new passport booklet in US from consulate fairly quickly...
When you come back...Please post what happened to you ....
However, when I re-enter the US, I guess the I-94 I get will have an expiration date that matches my passport expiration date rather than my H1B visa expiration date. Am I correct in assuming this?
Is there such a thing as an I-94 extension, and if so how easily does it get approved. Thank you so much, but I am getting really worried right now.
You can always file for visa extension again...never heard of a I-94 extension as such....I think they might give you a proper I-94 for the whole valid duration...Anyway you can get a new passport booklet in US from consulate fairly quickly...
When you come back...Please post what happened to you ....
more...
guyfromsg
09-09 10:19 PM
I'm posting this question here since many of the GA members are scheduled to meet the law makers on Tuesday afternoon. Is there a dress code for the meeting i.e. formal suit, shirt and Tie or IV Tshirt is ok?
bkarnik
11-09 09:23 AM
Are you advertising your Law Office on the message board...????
A number of members have reported this and other posts as advertisements. However, since the post does not contain any mention of the law firm or its details and is related to immigration issues, the posts will be allowed to remain. In fact, if bzuccaro is indeed a lawyer, then I (in my personal capacity) thank him for taking the time to post informative and educational updates on this forum as long as he does not use the forum to advertise his firm. Members are, of course, more than welcome to contact bzuccaro individually if they wish to talk with him one-to-one. But IV is in no way recommending this lawyer or liable for any issues or disputes arising if members were to establish an attorney-client relationship with bzuccaro or his firm.
A number of members have reported this and other posts as advertisements. However, since the post does not contain any mention of the law firm or its details and is related to immigration issues, the posts will be allowed to remain. In fact, if bzuccaro is indeed a lawyer, then I (in my personal capacity) thank him for taking the time to post informative and educational updates on this forum as long as he does not use the forum to advertise his firm. Members are, of course, more than welcome to contact bzuccaro individually if they wish to talk with him one-to-one. But IV is in no way recommending this lawyer or liable for any issues or disputes arising if members were to establish an attorney-client relationship with bzuccaro or his firm.
more...
pappu
05-08 02:14 PM
Subscription Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID #82G15598SR169690U)
In reference to: S-4UL2252729966384J
-cheers
kris
Thanks. Great to see someone active and contributing despite getting the greencard.
If we have more people like you we can work on trying to get the eligibility start time for citizenship counted from the time I140 gets approved rather than the day you get Greencard.
This maybe a big change and even help us politically as more people will become citizens earlier and can vote.
This is something for all IV GC holder members and all other GC holders everywhere to think about. They are invited to have a dialogue and participation in such an effort if interested.
In reference to: S-4UL2252729966384J
-cheers
kris
Thanks. Great to see someone active and contributing despite getting the greencard.
If we have more people like you we can work on trying to get the eligibility start time for citizenship counted from the time I140 gets approved rather than the day you get Greencard.
This maybe a big change and even help us politically as more people will become citizens earlier and can vote.
This is something for all IV GC holder members and all other GC holders everywhere to think about. They are invited to have a dialogue and participation in such an effort if interested.
kondur_007
08-21 06:28 PM
I have a strange situation where I was thinking of AC21 all the while since January (Jul 02 Filer, TSC with Receipt# SRC 0722...).
Now, I finally made my mind and about to get an offer (after labor day, they say).
The lawyer says "don't think about AC21 now, because most probably your GC will be here within 3 months"
My PD is July 31st, 2006.
Dilemma: I don't want to screw up (or stretch the case un-necessarily) by changing employment just in case if there is an RFE. But then, I have to stay with my current employer for 6+ months AFTER GC as well, to be able to prove "permanent employment" intent.
please advise if the timing (within 3 months) makes sense.
Please also shed light on the permanent intent thing .
Many thanks
I am not a lawyer, but this is my honest opinion:
If your I140 is approved, go ahead and do AC21. On a long run you will be much better off. Odds are, your GC will take a while and you will get stuck with an employer you dont want to work with long term. So go ahead and do AC21 ASAP before GC gets approved. As long as you invoke AC21 (date when you mail AC21 papers to USCIS or document it with your lawyer or accept the new job) BEFORE the approval of you GC, you will just be fine.
Good Luck.
Now, I finally made my mind and about to get an offer (after labor day, they say).
The lawyer says "don't think about AC21 now, because most probably your GC will be here within 3 months"
My PD is July 31st, 2006.
Dilemma: I don't want to screw up (or stretch the case un-necessarily) by changing employment just in case if there is an RFE. But then, I have to stay with my current employer for 6+ months AFTER GC as well, to be able to prove "permanent employment" intent.
please advise if the timing (within 3 months) makes sense.
Please also shed light on the permanent intent thing .
Many thanks
I am not a lawyer, but this is my honest opinion:
If your I140 is approved, go ahead and do AC21. On a long run you will be much better off. Odds are, your GC will take a while and you will get stuck with an employer you dont want to work with long term. So go ahead and do AC21 ASAP before GC gets approved. As long as you invoke AC21 (date when you mail AC21 papers to USCIS or document it with your lawyer or accept the new job) BEFORE the approval of you GC, you will just be fine.
Good Luck.
more...

chanduv23
07-02 01:07 PM
My wife name in not mentioned while applying I140 , how does it imact?
Can i add her while applying I485
Yes, add your dependents on 485
Can i add her while applying I485
Yes, add your dependents on 485
ck_b2001
07-19 10:54 AM
guess what i have a question. this is what happened. we are married in india quite sometime back, however, we had no marriage certificate and could not get one from india after trying for a long time. so we got married again here itself some weeks back. we had been filing tax as a couple until now. how to amend that?
you are in a country where marriage is not required to live together. I bet many couple file tax jointly even though they are not married officially so you should be okay.
you are in a country where marriage is not required to live together. I bet many couple file tax jointly even though they are not married officially so you should be okay.
more...
AmericanInSpain
04-08 11:46 AM
I have a similar situation and I want to hear more about working remotely using a non-work resident visa...
- I am a US citizen preparing to telecommute for 18 months from Spain. I'm employed by a US company, and will continue receiving US dollars in my US bank account.
- I am moving to Spain using a Multiple-Entry Long-term Student Family Visa. My husband will attend business school there in Spain, and I will be granted the visa as his dependent. We will obtain Student Residence Permits once we arrive in Spain this August.
- My US company has no offices in Spain, nor does it pay any Spanish taxes. The work I would be doing would be for the US, on a US internet domain, and I would be paid in US dollars.
My company's legal counsel is saying I must obtain a work permit to legally work remotely from Spain. But my company has no existing entity there!
I saw "Frostrated"s thread below and was hoping someone could provide more on the topic. Thanks!
Spain has two types of resident visas. One that allows you to work, and the other that is purely for residence only. If you have a residence visa that allows you to work, you have to find employment with a Spain company within 30 days of your visa being approved or your entry into Spain, which ever is later.
About you working from Spain on a non-work resident visa, it is possible, as long as the work that you perform is for a company that is outside of Spain, has no offices in Spain and does not file business taxes in Spain. It is equal to you working for yourself without pay or benefits. Whatever you earn, you are earning in a foreign country where Spain does not have jurisdiction.
- I am a US citizen preparing to telecommute for 18 months from Spain. I'm employed by a US company, and will continue receiving US dollars in my US bank account.
- I am moving to Spain using a Multiple-Entry Long-term Student Family Visa. My husband will attend business school there in Spain, and I will be granted the visa as his dependent. We will obtain Student Residence Permits once we arrive in Spain this August.
- My US company has no offices in Spain, nor does it pay any Spanish taxes. The work I would be doing would be for the US, on a US internet domain, and I would be paid in US dollars.
My company's legal counsel is saying I must obtain a work permit to legally work remotely from Spain. But my company has no existing entity there!
I saw "Frostrated"s thread below and was hoping someone could provide more on the topic. Thanks!
Spain has two types of resident visas. One that allows you to work, and the other that is purely for residence only. If you have a residence visa that allows you to work, you have to find employment with a Spain company within 30 days of your visa being approved or your entry into Spain, which ever is later.
About you working from Spain on a non-work resident visa, it is possible, as long as the work that you perform is for a company that is outside of Spain, has no offices in Spain and does not file business taxes in Spain. It is equal to you working for yourself without pay or benefits. Whatever you earn, you are earning in a foreign country where Spain does not have jurisdiction.

rkat
08-17 07:23 AM
Thanks everybody for ur help...! One last Q that i guess i have is - Now that i have a RECEIPT # for the new H1....does that mean that my case for H1b will surely be approved..? Are there folks out there whose 129 has been rejected or basically who did not get approved for H1 INSPITE of having a RECEIPT #..?
I ask this because in the few weeks what happens if my case is rejected ...that way USCIS will REFUND back all the fees to the petitioner....The contracting company will get back the fees from USCIS....Is there a possibility that USCIS may not approve my case NOW...?? I see the contracting company getting thier money from USCIS and from us...basically prifiting from both side if case is rejected.!!!
Thanks!
I ask this because in the few weeks what happens if my case is rejected ...that way USCIS will REFUND back all the fees to the petitioner....The contracting company will get back the fees from USCIS....Is there a possibility that USCIS may not approve my case NOW...?? I see the contracting company getting thier money from USCIS and from us...basically prifiting from both side if case is rejected.!!!
Thanks!
more...
UKannan
09-19 09:15 PM
i had interview at mumbai consulate on friday morning 9.30.
EVERYONE please take time to read and reply...
the officer was very rude... i said good morning upon entering and she did not reply.... then she said she is getting strange people since morning and no one is following her instructions....
she asked me the name of company, my job title etc..i replied ...
and then she asked me for my old passport and wrote CWOP on expired visa.....
she asked my wife if she has old passport and i said no and there it started..."SHE got angry and said did i asked you? let her speak... " "women can speak for herself etc..." she did utter some few words slowly so i said "excuse me" and that's it..she told me people like me should not be in usa..etc...etc........."
here is the deal...she did not gave me any slip or anything and said we can go now.....
WHAT WILL HAPPEN?
will i get my passport with stamp? or do they send Pink/Yellow/White slip through courier?
expert any advise?
i tracked the passport on VFS site on Saturday morning and VFS says they have not received passport from the embassy. is this normal? should i wait till monday evening before jump on any conclusion?
Did u get the visa?
EVERYONE please take time to read and reply...
the officer was very rude... i said good morning upon entering and she did not reply.... then she said she is getting strange people since morning and no one is following her instructions....
she asked me the name of company, my job title etc..i replied ...
and then she asked me for my old passport and wrote CWOP on expired visa.....
she asked my wife if she has old passport and i said no and there it started..."SHE got angry and said did i asked you? let her speak... " "women can speak for herself etc..." she did utter some few words slowly so i said "excuse me" and that's it..she told me people like me should not be in usa..etc...etc........."
here is the deal...she did not gave me any slip or anything and said we can go now.....
WHAT WILL HAPPEN?
will i get my passport with stamp? or do they send Pink/Yellow/White slip through courier?
expert any advise?
i tracked the passport on VFS site on Saturday morning and VFS says they have not received passport from the embassy. is this normal? should i wait till monday evening before jump on any conclusion?
Did u get the visa?
arnab221
11-02 12:42 PM
There we go again .. So much Hoopla.. and then we are back to square one .. Thats Normal these days .
more...
indio0617
02-08 09:29 AM
Yes. Travelling through Europe has become a big hassle these days. Avoid the London route. It is the worst. I have travelled via Frankfurt (Lufthansa) several times. But Lufthansa is getting troublesome too these days.
The South Asian route via Singapore is the best. SIA In- flight service is excellent and you will notice a marked difference in their "attitudes". I have heard about China Airlines too. You might want to check that out as well.
The South Asian route via Singapore is the best. SIA In- flight service is excellent and you will notice a marked difference in their "attitudes". I have heard about China Airlines too. You might want to check that out as well.
smiledentist
06-14 06:33 PM
Any more advices please
more...
%252525252BFull%252525252BOfficial%252525252BSong%252525252BCover%252525252BDownload.jpg)
fromnaija
09-01 12:27 PM
Thanks for re-posting this. I obviously missed all your previous posts on this topic. It gives me some hope for approval next month; I haven't received a 2nd FP request since 9/28/07. (I have an LUD, I have an LUD yay!)
-Nola
Congrats on your approval which I read about on another thread. This proves my point about FP reuse via BSS.
-Nola
Congrats on your approval which I read about on another thread. This proves my point about FP reuse via BSS.
lostinbeta
10-21 01:32 AM
I was thinking more of tucked in between the leaves and the symbols in the lower right hand corner (but sticking out a bit so it is all showing and not convered by the leaves and symbols).
It is your image though, so put it wherever you want.
Suggestion: don't keep it there (I am such a hypocrite sometimes :P )
It is your image though, so put it wherever you want.
Suggestion: don't keep it there (I am such a hypocrite sometimes :P )
Alien
03-28 11:04 AM
I think IV should stay focussed with what they are doing right now. This is a non-profit forum with a purpose and lets let it be that way.
We can probably make it more expansive as we get more volunteers to moderate the forum but with whats going on right now,we should let the core members focus on what they are doing.
I strongly agree with Berkleybee that this aint a one-stop shop.There is a danger of core issues getting diluted.
We can probably make it more expansive as we get more volunteers to moderate the forum but with whats going on right now,we should let the core members focus on what they are doing.
I strongly agree with Berkleybee that this aint a one-stop shop.There is a danger of core issues getting diluted.
valatharv
07-15 02:39 PM
I filed I-485 in Nov. 2007 and waiting.... :(
Problem is I noticed that name of my father in my passport is reversed example it shows <lastName> then <FirstName>.
But in my birth certificate it is vice versa <FirstName> then <lastName>....
I got the RFE in July 2009 for my date of birth certificate which I have provided to USCIS mentioning father name as in my birth certificate i.e. <FirstName> then <lastName>.
I renewed my passport in April 2010 and corrected father name, but in all the old forms before RFE, my father name shows as <lastName> then <FirstName>.
Will it be issue, I am frustrated and worried on what to do, is it going to have major impact on my GC processing as all the forms I have submitted to USCIS and my passport have my father name as <lastName> then
<FirstName>.
Please suggest I am very worried...
Thanks
Problem is I noticed that name of my father in my passport is reversed example it shows <lastName> then <FirstName>.
But in my birth certificate it is vice versa <FirstName> then <lastName>....
I got the RFE in July 2009 for my date of birth certificate which I have provided to USCIS mentioning father name as in my birth certificate i.e. <FirstName> then <lastName>.
I renewed my passport in April 2010 and corrected father name, but in all the old forms before RFE, my father name shows as <lastName> then <FirstName>.
Will it be issue, I am frustrated and worried on what to do, is it going to have major impact on my GC processing as all the forms I have submitted to USCIS and my passport have my father name as <lastName> then
<FirstName>.
Please suggest I am very worried...
Thanks
BharatPremi
07-17 10:29 PM
DIGG THIS PLEASE:
http://digg.com/politics/Government_Does_U_Turn_on_Green_Cards
http://digg.com/politics/Government_Does_U_Turn_on_Green_Cards
No comments:
Post a Comment