LostInGCProcess
11-10 05:05 PM
Hi,
Thanks for the reply and sorry for creating multiple threads.
- First H1B Employer "A"
-----------------------------
Approved: Oct 2006
Stamped: December 2006
Visa stamp valid till : Oct' 2009
H1B transferred to Employer "B" : June 2007
Traveling to India: November ' 2008
On Dec12, 2007, i saw an update on I-797 from Employer "A" even though
I have moved to Employer "B" by that time.
The Status of I-797 for Employer "A" on USCIS website got changed
to "Cable sent to American Consulate or port of entry notifying them of approval.".
My concern is that whether the above status means that first Employer "A" has revoked the H1B visa?
If yes, doesn't that means that I will NOT be able to use that H1B
visa stamping and *new* I-797 from Employer "B" at port of entry?
Thanks again..look forward to your response
You need not worry about your old H1 and also you can use the current visa to enter US as long as it has more then 6 months validity period.
Thanks for the reply and sorry for creating multiple threads.
- First H1B Employer "A"
-----------------------------
Approved: Oct 2006
Stamped: December 2006
Visa stamp valid till : Oct' 2009
H1B transferred to Employer "B" : June 2007
Traveling to India: November ' 2008
On Dec12, 2007, i saw an update on I-797 from Employer "A" even though
I have moved to Employer "B" by that time.
The Status of I-797 for Employer "A" on USCIS website got changed
to "Cable sent to American Consulate or port of entry notifying them of approval.".
My concern is that whether the above status means that first Employer "A" has revoked the H1B visa?
If yes, doesn't that means that I will NOT be able to use that H1B
visa stamping and *new* I-797 from Employer "B" at port of entry?
Thanks again..look forward to your response
You need not worry about your old H1 and also you can use the current visa to enter US as long as it has more then 6 months validity period.
wallpaper Journey to the Center of the
vxg
08-31 11:52 AM
I filed AOS during July 07 fiasco. It has been more than 15 months since the first fingerprint but I have not yet received 2nd fingerprint notice. I noticed a SLUD in May/09 but no notice. Anybody else out there who filed in July but don't have second fingerprint notice yet?
I am like you, filed in Aug 2007, did first FP in Nov 2007 no second FP notice yet. I checked with my lawyer and several forums and response i got was that FP expires in 15 months and generally USCIS issues second FP notice when they are very close to approving your case. I called TSC and got a nice IO who told me that my FP did expire and he is issuing a request to send me FP notice and i should get one in 30 days. Not sure how it will go but i have heard that IO can approve your case even if FP expired and request FP after approval but before cards are sent.
I am like you, filed in Aug 2007, did first FP in Nov 2007 no second FP notice yet. I checked with my lawyer and several forums and response i got was that FP expires in 15 months and generally USCIS issues second FP notice when they are very close to approving your case. I called TSC and got a nice IO who told me that my FP did expire and he is issuing a request to send me FP notice and i should get one in 30 days. Not sure how it will go but i have heard that IO can approve your case even if FP expired and request FP after approval but before cards are sent.
satishbsk
07-08 05:58 PM
How do u know that?
When I and my wife gave DNA, the volunteer who collected told that they collected 20 k so far and it is tough to get a match, and it might be only Indian DNA may match to Vinay.
When I and my wife gave DNA, the volunteer who collected told that they collected 20 k so far and it is tough to get a match, and it might be only Indian DNA may match to Vinay.
2011 journey to the earth#39;s
yabadaba
06-26 01:28 PM
once again^^^
more...
mnq1979
10-23 10:48 AM
Bad idea to leave after two days. He should allow for 3 business days at least and then go to Pak.
I had my visa stamping done in Canada this summer and got the visa in 2 business days. My appointment was Wednesday and got the passport with visa stamped on Friday afternoon . This is the best case scenario.
And yes I'm from Pakistan :)
Ok, thanks for the info...really appreciate it...will let him know to stay atleast 3-4 days and then leave.....by the way did u go to Ottawa for stamping or some place else in canada?
secondly can u please also tell me that if the visa officer told u after ur interview that u would need to come on friday to pick get ur visa stamp or did they jst say that they will inform u? do u remember by any chance that if the visa officer told u that u would have certain # of days to come and stamp ur visa once they inform u that ur visa is ready for stamping?
thanks n sorry for the multi threads !!!!
I had my visa stamping done in Canada this summer and got the visa in 2 business days. My appointment was Wednesday and got the passport with visa stamped on Friday afternoon . This is the best case scenario.
And yes I'm from Pakistan :)
Ok, thanks for the info...really appreciate it...will let him know to stay atleast 3-4 days and then leave.....by the way did u go to Ottawa for stamping or some place else in canada?
secondly can u please also tell me that if the visa officer told u after ur interview that u would need to come on friday to pick get ur visa stamp or did they jst say that they will inform u? do u remember by any chance that if the visa officer told u that u would have certain # of days to come and stamp ur visa once they inform u that ur visa is ready for stamping?
thanks n sorry for the multi threads !!!!
fromnaija
04-05 05:08 PM
I have answered that question many time on this forum. USCIS, lawyers and other forum guests have not been able to answer the question of what happens to an H1 extension when the underlining I140 is revoked. So I guess the H1 is not revoked.
That sounds like a great idea except what would happen if you transfer the company and the current company revokes your I-140. The 3 year H1 extension is based on the approved I-140 but if that underlying I-140 is revoked, would the H1-B still valid or is that one of those gray areas?
I personally really like this idea. Thanks a lot for this suggestion. Didn't think of that before.
That sounds like a great idea except what would happen if you transfer the company and the current company revokes your I-140. The 3 year H1 extension is based on the approved I-140 but if that underlying I-140 is revoked, would the H1-B still valid or is that one of those gray areas?
I personally really like this idea. Thanks a lot for this suggestion. Didn't think of that before.
more...
prasadn
09-02 07:03 PM
I went to border and security deffered inspection site at Raliegh NC from this url
http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/toolbox/contacts/deferred_inspection/deferred_inspection_sites.ctt/deferred_inspection_sites.pdf.
The Immigration Officer said to me I 94 can be given only till visa date.He said that you can stay as long as you want in US as you have 797 valid after your H1 stamp date.He said everything is fine not to worry.What shall i do now? I am confused.Can some one point me to site or link on USCIS which states this law.Can some attorneys point this link.
Interpretation of such a situation varies by CBP location/officer that you talk to. If they issue you a new I-94 I'd say you are lucky. We had deal with a similar situation about 6 months ago. Our lawyer clearly said "last action" always overrides I-797 and that one cannot work beyond the I-94 date. We crossed into Mexico by walk and walked back in with a new I-94. That way no ambiguity and peace of mind.
Hope this helps.
http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/toolbox/contacts/deferred_inspection/deferred_inspection_sites.ctt/deferred_inspection_sites.pdf.
The Immigration Officer said to me I 94 can be given only till visa date.He said that you can stay as long as you want in US as you have 797 valid after your H1 stamp date.He said everything is fine not to worry.What shall i do now? I am confused.Can some one point me to site or link on USCIS which states this law.Can some attorneys point this link.
Interpretation of such a situation varies by CBP location/officer that you talk to. If they issue you a new I-94 I'd say you are lucky. We had deal with a similar situation about 6 months ago. Our lawyer clearly said "last action" always overrides I-797 and that one cannot work beyond the I-94 date. We crossed into Mexico by walk and walked back in with a new I-94. That way no ambiguity and peace of mind.
Hope this helps.
2010 Center of the Earth
zofa30
09-14 11:18 AM
I just updated the info I am aware of.
Please consider the following:
Just to remind you I am on EB2+PERM.
I decided to leave my current employer within 2 months so I thought about applying for I-140 premium processing to get it approved before leaving and hence be able to port my PD to the new GC application (new EB2+PERM) with the new employer. Is it worth doing that? In other words, do I gain any time saving when I start the new GC application (EB2+PERM) by porting my PD as I will have to pay the fees twice (lawyers + applications). Please note that I am from EB2 worldwide(not China, India, Mexico, or Philippines) so I expect that the PD will be always current so there will be no time saving from porting my PD? I'd like to know your opinion.
Thanks
Please consider the following:
Just to remind you I am on EB2+PERM.
I decided to leave my current employer within 2 months so I thought about applying for I-140 premium processing to get it approved before leaving and hence be able to port my PD to the new GC application (new EB2+PERM) with the new employer. Is it worth doing that? In other words, do I gain any time saving when I start the new GC application (EB2+PERM) by porting my PD as I will have to pay the fees twice (lawyers + applications). Please note that I am from EB2 worldwide(not China, India, Mexico, or Philippines) so I expect that the PD will be always current so there will be no time saving from porting my PD? I'd like to know your opinion.
Thanks
more...
sharadara
09-02 10:17 AM
Thanks GCDreamer and sbmallik.
Are you saying that an H4 visa holder cannot work online for an Indian co. and earn Indian income while residing in the US?
Are you saying that an H4 visa holder cannot work online for an Indian co. and earn Indian income while residing in the US?
hair Journey To The Center
StarSun
05-03 02:29 PM
I and a bunch of friends want to join the state chapter for Alabama, but I could not find the details. I also searched in the State chapter page:
ImmigrationVoice.org - Immigration Voice State Chapters (http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=72&Itemid=52)
Could someone provide the details?
Thank you
There is no current chapter for Alabama, so if you and your friends would like to start one, please contact me, and I will help you. Unlike what is posted in the thread, members in AL don't have to physically meet to conduct activities. Call me.
ImmigrationVoice.org - Immigration Voice State Chapters (http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=72&Itemid=52)
Could someone provide the details?
Thank you
There is no current chapter for Alabama, so if you and your friends would like to start one, please contact me, and I will help you. Unlike what is posted in the thread, members in AL don't have to physically meet to conduct activities. Call me.
more...
peer123
04-16 05:22 PM
Hi
I am planning to take up a job on AC21. My title in labor is Management Analyst. Related to computer science field. The related occupation field has system analysis as the related occupation.
I have approved I140. It is more than 180 days. I am getting new offer as system analyst. My new manager is ready to give me AC21 letter in the format confirming to the labor cirt as my responsibilities match.
my labor was transfered from another employee. Do you think USCIS will treat AC21 for labor switch cases differently then compared to 485 cases using own labor.
I will appreciate advise from any one who has gone through this similar situation.
I am planning to take up a job on AC21. My title in labor is Management Analyst. Related to computer science field. The related occupation field has system analysis as the related occupation.
I have approved I140. It is more than 180 days. I am getting new offer as system analyst. My new manager is ready to give me AC21 letter in the format confirming to the labor cirt as my responsibilities match.
my labor was transfered from another employee. Do you think USCIS will treat AC21 for labor switch cases differently then compared to 485 cases using own labor.
I will appreciate advise from any one who has gone through this similar situation.
hot quot;Journey to the Center of the
gc_chahiye
11-02 10:54 AM
Schedule A workers first get GCs from EB3 quota and when they finsih that, they take the recapture numbers. When there is no recapture rule, they are treated as other regular EB3s.
exactly! this is almost a disaster for EB folks, most people dont realize that: they think the queue is getting smaller. The queue will remain the same, the chance (& amount) of recapture that might happen for regular EB folks is getting reduced. One recapture was alreayd done for Nurses back in 2005-06. This is the second one. One or two more such recaptures, and there will nothing for US to recapture.
exactly! this is almost a disaster for EB folks, most people dont realize that: they think the queue is getting smaller. The queue will remain the same, the chance (& amount) of recapture that might happen for regular EB folks is getting reduced. One recapture was alreayd done for Nurses back in 2005-06. This is the second one. One or two more such recaptures, and there will nothing for US to recapture.
more...
house Journey to the Center of the.
ashiqman
06-24 03:04 PM
I work for a very small start-up American firm. The company has been in business since 1 year. Even I have been with the company (full-time) for approximately the same amount of time. Unfortunately, the company has not been able to make any revenues in this 1 year. I am planning to visit India in May and if I do, I will have to get my H1 restamped, since my old visa has expired. In this forum, I have seen some instances of rejection/hold on H1B stamping. Taking that into account and given the situation of my company (although genuine and still having enough funds to run), is it worth taking the risk? I will be appearing for an interview in Mumbai. Any info in this regard will be really helpful to me. Thanks in advance.
tattoo quot;Journey to the Center of the
amitjoey
08-21 05:12 PM
I have a strange situation where I was thinking of AC21 all the while since January (Jul 02 Filer, TSC with Receipt# SRC 0722...).
Now, I finally made my mind and about to get an offer (after labor day, they say).
The lawyer says "don't think about AC21 now, because most probably your GC will be here within 3 months"
My PD is July 31st, 2006.
Dilemma: I don't want to screw up (or stretch the case un-necessarily) by changing employment just in case if there is an RFE. But then, I have to stay with my current employer for 6+ months AFTER GC as well, to be able to prove "permanent employment" intent.
please advise if the timing (within 3 months) makes sense.
Please also shed light on the permanent intent thing .
Many thanks
With a PD of 2006, how can your lawyer say he is certain about you getting your GC?. Only possible if you were ROW (Not from retrogressed countries) or if you are in the EB1 Category. Do you have an approved I-140?. Please state your nationality, EB-Category and other details.
Now, I finally made my mind and about to get an offer (after labor day, they say).
The lawyer says "don't think about AC21 now, because most probably your GC will be here within 3 months"
My PD is July 31st, 2006.
Dilemma: I don't want to screw up (or stretch the case un-necessarily) by changing employment just in case if there is an RFE. But then, I have to stay with my current employer for 6+ months AFTER GC as well, to be able to prove "permanent employment" intent.
please advise if the timing (within 3 months) makes sense.
Please also shed light on the permanent intent thing .
Many thanks
With a PD of 2006, how can your lawyer say he is certain about you getting your GC?. Only possible if you were ROW (Not from retrogressed countries) or if you are in the EB1 Category. Do you have an approved I-140?. Please state your nationality, EB-Category and other details.
more...
pictures journey to the center of the earth 2. Journey To The Center Of The
Prashant
09-26 08:08 PM
GCtrouble.. I hope u are serious and not trying to scare ppl converting eb3 to eb2 ..
If one is eligible for eb2 their aiint anything thats gonna stop one from getting there..
We all are in the same boat dude ....
Good luck
If one is eligible for eb2 their aiint anything thats gonna stop one from getting there..
We all are in the same boat dude ....
Good luck
dresses Dwayne Johnson cast in Journey
smbaps
08-10 04:54 PM
how did you apply on june.The dates were not current as per May visa bulletin.This is strange man......
more...
makeup Brendan_Fraser-2-
desighee
07-30 12:45 PM
Ab Toh Hai Tumse Har Khushi Apni, Tum Pe Marna Hai Zindagi Apni
Audio: YouTube - Ab toh hai tumse har khushi apni (Lata) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KePFNABd97w)
Video: YouTube - Ab Toh Hai Tumse - Amitabh Bachchan & Jaya Bhaduri - Abhimaan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Pf1Hp4P5gU)
Inteha Ho gayi Intezaar ki (Sharaabi)
YouTube - Inteha Ho gayi Intezaar ki (Sharaabi) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHR8WiH7kPM)
Hum Intezaar Karenge - Meena Kumari & Pradeep Kumar
YouTube - Hum Intezaar Karenge - Meena Kumari & Pradeep Kumar - Bahu Begum (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb6-WOOVJ64)
Audio: YouTube - Ab toh hai tumse har khushi apni (Lata) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KePFNABd97w)
Video: YouTube - Ab Toh Hai Tumse - Amitabh Bachchan & Jaya Bhaduri - Abhimaan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Pf1Hp4P5gU)
Inteha Ho gayi Intezaar ki (Sharaabi)
YouTube - Inteha Ho gayi Intezaar ki (Sharaabi) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHR8WiH7kPM)
Hum Intezaar Karenge - Meena Kumari & Pradeep Kumar
YouTube - Hum Intezaar Karenge - Meena Kumari & Pradeep Kumar - Bahu Begum (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb6-WOOVJ64)
girlfriend quot;Journey to the Center of the
anilsal
11-09 09:17 AM
Why don't you do I140 via premium processing?
hairstyles Journey To The Center of the
transpass
08-01 12:28 PM
I am pleasantly surprised and would like to thank Sen Mendez on behalf of all the IV members in his constituency for sponsoring visa recapture bill in Senate. Few days back when we called his office, his position was different. But because of we all calling and requesting for his support, he graciouly has agreed to take up our case. Speaking with his staff, I came to know that more than thousand calls were made to his office in support of the visa recapture bill.
No Offense, but please don't misspell the senator/congressman(woman) name...Senator Menendez...
It might also not look good when someone from IV calls the office and pronounces the name incorrectly...
Thanks..
No Offense, but please don't misspell the senator/congressman(woman) name...Senator Menendez...
It might also not look good when someone from IV calls the office and pronounces the name incorrectly...
Thanks..
karanp25
08-11 12:00 PM
why would address change delay processing ur 485? This is the most ridiculous question ever asked. Inviting panic, for the heck of it....
just make sure u have some overlap where u can receive mail on both addresses just to account for uscis delays in address update....they r not going to penalize u for moving.
Thanks for the idea, that would be helpful! For my question 1, beside the mailing delay, I am also concerned on the delay of USCIS processing of my I-485 case. I don't know their internal procedure. Should I be worried about this or no delay on the procedure?
Thanks.
just make sure u have some overlap where u can receive mail on both addresses just to account for uscis delays in address update....they r not going to penalize u for moving.
Thanks for the idea, that would be helpful! For my question 1, beside the mailing delay, I am also concerned on the delay of USCIS processing of my I-485 case. I don't know their internal procedure. Should I be worried about this or no delay on the procedure?
Thanks.
coolmanasip
07-19 09:51 AM
GURUs cna u reply when you get a chance!
No comments:
Post a Comment